Book Spotlight: LIES YOU TELL by LaQuette

I'm so excited to be featuring LIES YOU TELL by LaQuette on my blog today! 
I had the pleasure of hearing all about this book before publication and now that it's here, with a ultra sexy cover at that, I can't 1-click fast enough.

Happy new release LaQuette!

Lies You Tell
by
LaQuette 
Blurb:
A mob boss finding his dead lover alive six years after her death, shocking.  Learning they’ve got a five-year-old son…deadly.


Six years ago Sanai Ward fled her life in Florida when her lover’s infidelity nearly brings her life to a fiery end.  Scared and devastated, Sanai starts over from nothing, determined to create a safe and happy life for the child she discovers she’s carrying.

Single parenthood isn’t easy. But the joy of watching her beloved Nazario thrive is more than enough motivation to ignore the ache in her heart for the man that shattered her soul. 

Dante De Luca is a passionate man who’s had his life stolen from him.  Six years ago he was in love and happy, until his woman was killed in a fire. Sanai was gone.  There was nothing left in the ashes but the locket he’d placed around her neck.  Too angry to deal with his loss, Dante seeks to make the rest of the world pay for his broken heart by forming an unholy covenant with an unspeakable ally.  He knows he’ll live to regret it, but signing away your humanity to the devil seems meaningless when your soul is already gone. 

When an accident involving a family member draws Dante to New York, and forces an unexpected meeting between he and Sanai, Dante has to decide what’s more important.  His rage and revenge, or the safety of the woman he once loved and the health of their son?

Just when Sanai’s deception is beginning to sting less, Dante is faced with the fallout of his own lies.  Will she forgive him?  Will they survive them, or will their lives become tragic casualties of the dangerous lies he told?







Excerpt:

Loneliness swelled inside her as her mind drifted back over that time. The first three years had been spent raising a child while she fought for a college education. Her son was just six weeks old when she’d entered college. When he refused to let her sleep at night, she’d cradle him in one arm and her respiratory therapy textbooks in the other.

She and Nazario had survived that exercise in torture without bloodshed—well, without too much bloodshed—and they were each still alive. She walked out of community college with a degree, a solid job offer, and a means to support her child and herself on her own terms.

She wouldn’t trade the pride she felt for the life she’d created for the two of them, but she’d be lying if she said she hadn’t missed this particular man’s touch.
She felt a violent tremor shake her insides. She stiffened as a reflex to stop it.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered as he released his hold on her. “I didn’t mean to hold you so tight.”

Please don’t let me go.

If she could only say those words out loud. Beg him to keep her in his embrace, to let her rest for once.

“I was on my way to your house from school when my father called and demanded I take care of an errand for him. It seemed like I was never going to be done. As soon as I finished up I rushed to get to you,” he whispered.

“We were supposed to go away that weekend,” she added softly. They’d been planning that trip since the beginning of the semester. They were going to come up to New York to meet his best friend Big Tony. Dante spent so much time talking about his friend and his friend’s family, Sanai had been just as eager as Dante to put a face to the legend.

“I wanted Big Tony to meet you so badly. I knew I was ready to make a life with you, and I needed you to meet Big Tony and his son before I took the next step. I just wanted to be done with my father’s errand and on our way to New York. I knew once the trip was over I was going to have a ring on your finger and a promise that you were going to be mine forever.”

She closed her eyes to the images his words were creating. There he was in a vivid reality that was so far from the truth of what had actually happened that night, smiling, looking up at her proudly from bended knee with a shiny engagement ring in his hand. She was there too, shaking with happiness, tears streaming down her face, love swelling inside her, threatening to burst her chest open with its fullness.

She would have said yes. There was no question in her mind. She loved him, had loved everything about him with her entire being. If he’d asked her to be his wife, there was no doubt she would have happily agreed.

“I’d finally turned onto your street when I saw all the commotion. I don’t remember how I got out of my car or through the crowd that was out there that night. I just remember seeing the flames licking the dark sky. I remember the water pouring on the house from the fire truck’s hose. It wasn’t until I saw Mrs. Johnson’s old pickup truck that I knew it was your place on fire.”

She heard a break in his voice, a small tremble followed by a sniffle. She didn’t want to see his hurt, not after what she’d done. It was so much easier to just pretend he’d gone on with his life without much fuss over losing her. She spread her fingers across his chest and let him continue.

“I tried my damnedest to get through the crowd, but the authorities caught me. It wasn’t until I saw them bring your body out that all the fight left me. There wasn’t much for me to look at. The only thing that survived on your person was the locket I gave you for your birthday.”

He removed one of his hands from around her back and reached across her to the nightstand. When he brought his hand into her view again, a large, oval, white-gold locket spun from the necklace he was gripping with his thick fingers.

“How did she have your locket, Sanai? Why did you let me believe you were dead all this time?”




Author Bio:
LaQuette is an erotic, multicultural romance author of M/F and M/M love stories.  Her writing style brings intellect to the drama. She often crafts emotionally epic, fantastical tales that are deeply pigmented by reality's paintbrush. Her novels are filled with a unique mixture of savvy, sarcastic, brazen, and unapologetically sexy characters who are confident in their right to appear on the page.

This bestselling Erotic Romance Author is the 2016 Author of the Year Golden Apple Award Winner, 2015 Swirl Awards Bronze Winner in Romantic Suspense, and 2015 Georgia Romance Writers Maggie Award Finalist in Erotic Romance. LaQuette—a native of Brooklyn, New York—spends her time catering to her three distinct personalities: Wife, Mother, and Educator.

Writing—her escape from everyday madness—has always been a friend and source of comfort. At the age of sixteen she read her first romance novel and realized the genre was missing something: people that looked and lived like her.  As a result, her characters and settings are always designed to provide positive representations of people of color and various marginalized communities.

She loves hearing from readers and discussing the crazy characters that are running around in her head causing so much trouble.  Contact her on Facebook, Twitter, her website, NovelsbyLaQuette.com, Amazon, her Facebook group, LaQuette's Lounge, and via email at LaQuette@NovelsbyLaQuette.com.


Lies You Tell
Book Trailer
by
LaQuette




Comments