Remembering Black History

Everyone has a past and history worth remembering...

Black History month is a time for recollection and appreciation. Though one month is never enough to absorb such an intricate past, it's a still an important time for us to pause and take a moment to remember our history.

Every Friday this month, I'll be celebrating Black History through the power of spoken word. Poetry has always had a special place in my heart and I wanted to use it to celebrate our past.

"I re-read my history and I remembered me."
-"White" performed by Nafessa Monroe
 

(If you are having trouble viewing this video via Explorer, please try another browser.)

Comments

Black History Month is great way to reflect on black history as well as the history of an entire people and how it affected other races as well.
Unknown said…
I totally agree with you Sheena-kay. "Black history" is a part of ALL of our history. Thanks for commenting!